Jeeva Raghunath, pioneer of Indian storyetlling, is performing and lecturing in Italy for the very first time. Visting the Italian Storytelling Center, Jeeva is offering to the friends of the Italian Center an advanced masterclass on storytelling performance in the weekend of April the 6th and April the 7th. The masterclass, which will revolve around traditional Indian tales, is reserved to people with adcanced storytelling skills (the attendance of at least one workshop is required). Access to the workshop upon inkind donation.
The Masterclass with Jeeva Raghunath
In this very practical workshop Jeeva Raghunath will introduce you to the unique rhythms, gestures, movements and facial expressions used by the storytellers of India. You will leave with a deeper appreciation of the nuances of Indian culture and a clutch of easy-to-tell Indian folktales. The workshop will include presentations, demonstrations, hands-on activities and audience participation.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- To understand some of the unique rhythms, gestures, movements and facial expressions of India;
- To choose and use some simple techniques that can add authenticity when telling stories from the India sub-continent;
- To Know about some simple physical and vocal techniques that can liven up any story;
Jeeva Raghunath – Short Bio
Jeeva Raghunath , storyteller/author. Pioneered the storytelling movement in Tamilnadu,India. She has represented her country at various festivals around the globe.Awarded ” Best entrepreneur award” for her contribution to storytelling and “Pride of Asia ” awarded by Surindra Rajabhat university, Surin,Thailand.Her company Kathaikalatta organises an international storytelling festival “Under the Aalamaram “!since 2014 and featured over 45 international Storytellers .She has authored 10 storybooks for children and translated over 65 picture books from English to tamil.She smells,tastes,feels,sees and hears stories!
Informazioni utili sulla Masterclass di Jeeva Ragunath
- When? The masterclass with Jeeva Raghunath is held at the at the Italian Storytelling Center in Portico di Romagna in the weekend of April the 6th and April the 7th. In order to attend the workshop, you are kindly required to be at the headquarter of the Italian Storytelling Center (Piazza Marconi, 3) by Saturday April the 6th at 10 am. The workshop is due to finish by Sunday April the 7th at 4.30 pm. Check our “Where” page to know more about where we are.
- How much is it? Jeeva is visiting the Italian Storytelling Center. You are free to attend the masterclass by donating what you feel like and what you afford.
- Can I stay overnight in Portico di Romagna? You can drop a note to Stefania – email@example.com – to get all the info to arrive in Portico and to find your accommodation. For our members, we have designed a meal pack (2 lunches and 1 dinner) + membership card for € 60,00.
The membership card alone (compulsory for participants) is € 20,00.
- In which language will the masterclass be held? The masterclass will be held in English and Italian.
- Who can attend the masterclass? The masterclass is reserved to skilled storytellers. The attendance of one previous workshop is required.
- How can I join the masterclass? Info and reservation at Stefania – firstname.lastname@example.org